Out with the old and in with the new! I've currently been spending my time offline doing some spring cleaning in my apartment (and my life) and it feels great to get rid of old stuff that no longer serves its purpose. I've been doing everything from cleaning out the fridge and pantry, to tackling that scary junk drawer (or closet) and tossing old makeup (yes, it does expire) and old clothes that I no longer wear. Not only is spring cleaning incredibly cathartic and freeing, but it's also exciting because I can replace all that old stuff with new, fresh replacements that are more suitable for my life. So now that I've thrown away/given away/donated a ton of stuff….here is what's currently on my wish list for replacements.
| details |
J Crew sweater / J.Crew sandals / Leather tote / MICHAEL Michael Kors tech accessory / Tory Burch sunglasses / MAC Cosmetics lipstick / MAC Cosmetics lip gloss / Jo Malone fragrance, $130 / Deborah Lippmann nail polish / Deborah Lippmann nail polish
1. New Sunglasses. My oversized sunglasses from Loft (seen in most of my outfit posts) have finally gone kaput! So very sad, especially because they were cheap and lasted me over 10 years! D got me some Ray Ban aviators for Christmas which I love, but I still have a yearning to replace my "bug" glasses -- as D would call them since he thinks I resemble a bug when I wear them.
2. Anything with stripes. Because why not? This sweater is adorable, and since I just upgraded to the new iPhone 5 this week, that iPhone case is calling my name!
3. New Scent. Spring means lighter and fresher fragrances. I just smelled a sample of this Peony and Blush Suede in a magazine the other day and was totally sold!
4. Pastel nails. They are just too pretty not to. And totally acceptable for work.
5. Those sandals. I think they will go with everything. And I want them in black too :)
6. Makeup upgrades. I've been on the hunt for colors that actually flatter me, rather than colors I think will look good on me, only to come home and I look like a clown. MAC's Viva Glam V has been my lipstick color of choice for a while now (the lady at the MAC counter said its a universally flattering shade, and I tend to agree) and I'm caving for the same color in a lip glass too. Also kinda loving the bright coral and orange lip colors now. Currently on the hunt for one that flatters more olive skin tones.
7. A versatile tote bag. Something classic that will last forever and affordable. And let's be honest, the gold monogramming is what sold me on this one!
So what's on your wish list right now?