In honor of my 30th birthday which is slowly creeping up on me the first week of August, I thought it would be fun to share 30 random facts about me to celebrate. Personally, I always love learning about weird quirks and facts about other people (especially bloggers) because I find those things endearing and ultimately what makes me like a person more! I originally shared facts about me here -- so hope you enjoy this second edition:
30 for 30 facts about Steph @ Pretty Little Things
1. I love Tazo teas. My current favorites are vanilla rooibos and green ginger.
2. I eat sushi about once a week and I'm so happy I finally got D on board with it too. Otherwise it would be a lot of lonely dinners for one.
3. Somehow over the years I've turned into a homebody. I used to love going out and being a social butterfly and the thought of staying home one night would make me cringe. Now it sounds amazing. Ugh that sounds exactly like something a 30 year old would say!!
4. I love getting stuff in the mail. Magazines and subscription boxes can make a mundane weekday a little perkier.
5. Reading all of your blogs has become my favorite thing to do in my downtime. Thanks for all the inspiration!
6. My birthday is August 4th and I'm such a leo. Totally a fire sign without a doubt!
7. Target is my weakness
8. I'm allergic to apples. Weird I know!
9. I love sushi, shrimp, lobster and most other seafood. If I ever developed a shellfish allergy I'd be so sad.
10. Fall is my favorite season, with summer being a close second.
11. I majored in English and Psychology in undergrad.
12. I have two Masters Degrees (seriously, who needs two??) One in Education and one in School Counseling. I guess I like to learn.
13. One day I will have a library in my house.
14. I love books and will probably never own a Kindle. There's something about holding a book in your hand and placing it on the shelf when you're done that is so satisfying to me.
15. I love anything chalkboards. Which is why I have a chalk board wall in my office to help inspire me and to always be creating things.
16. I don't understand Twitter, nor do I have any interest to get involved in it! Despite how many people tell me I have to tweet to be a successful blogger.
17. I love holidays and any excuse to decorate and be festive.
18. The same would go for theme parties. It just makes everything more fun.
19. One of my favorite books is The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
20. I am very sensitive to smell and always smelling things like paper, clothes etc.
21. I've been known for getting sucked into a Lifetime movie. And then I fall asleep on D. And then D is force to watch said Lifetime movie because he can't reach for the remote.
22. If I had all the money in the world, I would travel everywhere and see everything.
23. I am fascinated by seeing other peoples lives and how they live their life. See above.
24. I hate running. I wish I didn't but I do. People always talk about having that "runner's high" and I just don't get it. Running just makes me angry.
25. I already have my Halloween costume picked out for this year. Favorite holiday what what!
26. I believe in past lives and reincarnation. And I've decided my dog was Egyptian royalty in her past life. Also my mom was squirrel ( I mean this in a good way). I know you think I'm weird now ; )
27. I love decoding dreams and have a dream dictionary next to my bed. I dream in such vivid color every night so I always like to rehash them in the morning to find out the "true meaning"
28. I've always said my favorite color is purple. But when I think of it I never wear purple, like ever. So now I'm thinking I don't have a favorite color. Which is weird in itself.
29. I'm currently into 80's style aerobics. My mom's Jane Fonda work out tapes (yes on VHS) are helping me bring my sexy back!
30. I wonder if anyone actually cares about these little facts about me and if you're thinking I'm a total odd ball now ; )
I'd love to hear from you all --
what's a random fact about you that makes you, you?!