I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but I'll be going down the shore for a week with my parents, D, and my brother and his girlfriend down to LBI (Long Beach Island for all you non-New Jerseans) and we'll be leaving this saturday. I'm so excited to get away one last time and get that one last great tan in before fall rolls around, to eat some good seafood, drink some cold ones, and more importantly, spend time with the people who matter most to me -- family : )
I feel like I just got back from our little Chicago vacation, so I'm feeling truly blessed that I can get away one last time.
And don't worry, even though I'll be sans computer for a week (so amazing) I'll have a few scheduled posts next week if you really need a Pretty Little Things fix : )
So what do you need to pack when doing a shore house?
Here are my beach essentials:
1. Black strapless maxi dress. This is a must for a couple of reasons. First off, black is classic and versatile so it will pretty much work in any situation, dressed up or dressed down. Doing a nice dinner with the family, or hitting up the no shower happy hour (yes, they do exist -- it simply means hitting up happy hour right from the beach). I also love this dress because it acn serve as a beach cover up, as well as a day or night time dress. So win, win, WIN! Other than the classic black strapless maxi, I also like pretty maxis in different colors in prints like this one or this one.
2. Bathing suit. You can bring ones you've had for years, or stock up on some new ones at all the end of summer sales going on right now. But my advice is, if you can, bring one bathing suit for every day that you are at the beach. Why? Because if you don't have a washer/dryer available you'll want a fresh bathing suit to put on every day. There's seriously nothing worse than putting on a wet, soggy bathing suit from the day before. yuck.
3. A Hat. For a few reasons, shielding the sun, and looking stylish. Also for keeping cool. Other than this gorgeous black classic hat, I usually go for this hat and this sporty one too. Both are great for the beach and hitting up the boardwalk.
4. Jean shorts and cute tanks // (t-shirt version here). They are no muss, and no fuss. Even one or two pair of shorts will do -- and bring a handful of cute tops to mix and match.
5. Flip flops. Duh! Especially rubber ones you don;t mind getting wet. I've regretted so many times bringing leather sandals to the beach only, and then having them ruined by the salt water. Bring your rubber flip flops!!
6. Nail Polish. This is a great time to relax and paint your nails with the girls in your downtown. Forget the TV, this is the time to catch up on girl talk, paint your nails, and indulge in all the girl stuff we don't get a chance to do when the boys are around. Bring your favorite beach colors to swap and share. Essie's summer 2013 collection is fab, and I also love this coral/melon color (will look awesome with a tan) and this sunny yellow color.
And if you've already got your mind on fall, you can get a head start and play around with Essie's Fall 2013 collection seen here.
And you don't really need to bring throw pillows or decor, but this one is just too lovely.
Also, if you want to keep up with my Jersey Shore vacation (minus the situation and snookie) follow me on facebook for updates and photos! : )
So what are you're beach essentials?