5.02.2014

Derby Style

With the Kentucky Derby this weekend, I thought it would be fun to look back on some of my favorite Derby styles, which is a "thing" all it's own. While I've never been to the Kentucky Derby, I have been to the Belmont Stakes which is in New York. Some do the Kentucky Derby, others do the Preakness, but around here we do the Belmont Stakes. It's probably the lesser known of the Triple Crown, but the fashion is all the same - big hats, springy dresses, pearls, sport coats....you get the deal. Very southern belle. Which as a born and bred northerner feels like playing dress up to me!  D and I had a tradition of going every year, but we missed last year -- so I'm hoping we can fix that this June when the Belmont races will be in town. 
| details |
Hat: $5.99 from the grocery store (seriously!) // Floral Dress - boutique in Hoboken, NJ
Pearl Necklace and Bracelet: college graduation gift from the parents // Horse shoe earrings: old gift from my Aunt // Wedge sandals: Seychelles // Purse: Michael Kors // Watch: Michael Kors
Hats are a MUST here!
Horse shoe earrings for good luck!!
Pearls to look like a lady ; )
 And of course we took pics of the horses and the actual races...

And of course me and my oh so handsome man : )
 And I have to include out takes because they are just too funny!
 Ahhh finally got the self pictures done right! : )
Have any of you attended the derbys before?
What's your derby style?

Happy Friday friends!
xo Steph






6 comments:

  1. So fun! I've always wanted to go to the Derby!
    xo, Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. That floral dress is so pretty on you! I haven't been to the derby but horse racing is a lot of fun to watch!

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Betsey Johnson Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling! I hope to some day make it out for a Kentucky Derby so I have a fantastic excuse to buy a huge hat! ;)

    Sequins&Stilettos


    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is soo cute it looks perfect on you! Those type of dresses are my fave, sadly being 14 weeks pregnant they're already starting to not fit haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i loved your look. who won the derby BTW? those ear rings look great on you. i am gonna try this look. thank you for writing such a great post.
    my website-
    Clipping Path Service

    photo retouching service

    IBR Graphics Studio Blog

    How to do clipping path

    ReplyDelete

I love getting and reading all your comments and respond to most of them when I can. Love hearing from you all! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...