6.05.2012

Look of the Day: Masculine + Feminine

Why is it so randomly cold today?? With the weather cooling down a bit near me I thought I'd try out some outfits with jeans and long sleeves while I still could get away with it...
Mixing masculine and feminine pieces here is what I was trying to recreate. I love the look of the traditional masculine pieces {flannel shirt, leather} and mixing in feminine accents {skinny jeans, heels} to create this street chic look.
The first two photos were my inspiration photos {found on Pinterest}
and the one all the way to the right is my recreation of this look.
{Please excuse the messy background and poor photography - I was in a rush out the door!}

Outfit Details
Leather Jacket - Christmas gift from D
flannel shirt - American Eagle (pretty old)
jeans - Express (also very old)
Purse - Coach
Classic Black Heels - Nine West 
Necklace - Charlotte Russe

So what are your thoughts on mixing masculine and feminine pieces?
Would you wear this look?

-Pretty Little Things


12 comments:

  1. Love it, love the mix of the flannel with heels!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments Yi-chia! an outfit like this is perfect for a random chilly day like today : )

      Delete
  2. love the hard and soft touches together!

    sarahsavvystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments Sarah! And I agree, something about mixing these pieces together gives the look a little something extra!

      Delete
  3. I love it, Im all about the flannel with heels! and whats with this weather, AHH!

    Nikki
    fashionsonthefly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comments Nikki! And seriously....what's going on with the weather?? I feel like literally a few days ago I was wearing shorts and tank tops...now it's freezing!

      Delete
  4. I would totally wear these! I love the mix of masculine and feminine pieces. I think they go perfectly together.

    Amy

    fashionandbeautyfinds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Amy -- I thought so too! : )

      Delete
  5. I love the 'Italian Lamb' jacket ;) Looking good but I think you need your photographer back!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have my photographer here, so clearly the photo quality suffered here! ; )
      And whoever bought that Italian Lamb jacket has impeccable taste!!

      Delete
  6. Cute outfit! I love the masculine feminine look, it's so sexy and edgy!

    XO Kelley
    http://www.keepsittingpretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sexy and edgy are good words to describe this outfit! : )

      Delete

I love getting and reading all your comments and respond to most of them when I can. Love hearing from you all! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...