10.16.2013

sick days and breaking bad

First things first, I want to apologize for not posting in daaays (since last Thursday, but who's keeping track right?) but I have a really good explanation, I swear. So for one, I've been sick. I don't know if it's a cold, allergies, sinus infection or something else icky but I've been over here sneezing, blowing my nose, and drinking hot tea and chicken soup like it's my job. Totally not how I planned on spending my weekend. So that is one reason. My other reason for the lack of blogging. Two words: Breaking Bad. You either watch it or have at least heard of it, but either way I have to say this -- it. is. amazing. Seriously, the best show on tv hands down. I was late to the game, but better late than never. The show has run for 5 seasons and I decided to pick it up and see what everyone is talking about. With my trusty Netflix in hand, D and I became engulfed, immersed, OBSESSED with this show for hours on end. I'm talking coming home from working, plopping down on the couch and watching episode after episode on Netflix until 4am each night until we finished the series. Ok maybe not 4am considering we both wake up 5am every morning but you get the idea. We stayed up LATE.
Anyway, we just finished the show last night and I am suffering from withdrawals and currently experiencing PBBD (post Breaking Bad depression). Not sure anything will fill this void in my life, other than meth itself (kidding). So I'll just hang on to the memories that Jesse and Mr. White are still cooking up a batch somewhere out there ; )
So after all of this - I thought putting together a Breaking Bad themed party was just the thing to help me through this difficult time. For all my other Breaking Bad fans out there in blogger land - enjoy!
For all original sources and more fun, check out my Breaking Bad obsessed pinterest board.
And my apologies for anyone who won't get these BB references. 
For the festive theme party, it's all about the blue crystals. 99% pure
1. rock candy "crystal meth" cupcakes
2. festive blue drink - sign me up!
3. decorate with beakers. or better yet, use them for cocktails
4. fried chicken from los pollos hermanos. of course
5. funyuns. extra funyuns
6. breakfast all day every day. Walter Jr. would approve.
7. chamomile tea with soy milk. hold the stevia please.
8. love this print -- respect the chemistry.
9. mr. white and jesse doing their thing
10. cheers bryan cranston and aaron paul for a job well done!

and if you want to see a Breaking Bad video montage that will probably make you laugh and cry, check this one out over at buzzfeed. They have good stuff over there.

So please tell me, do I have any other Breaking Bad obsessed fans out there??
I'd love to chat with others about how depressed I am now that it's all over.
Who was your favorite character?
Did you like how it ended??

xo Steph

10 comments:

  1. OMG! I am totally suffering from PBBD too! My friend got me hooked on it a few months ago and I had BB marathons as well. Its SOOO addicting! I think I'm going to rewatch it from beginning to end sometime soon. Amazing show! And what a fun party idea!


    -AJ
    FitTravelerAJ.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen Breaking Bad (don't kill me!) but I hope you feel better! It seems everyone is sick lately...something is going around.

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to get into this show, I think I'll save it for when all my regular shows are on break! Everyone is talking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to see the finale! I've watched most of the seasons and agree that it was a great show. My hubby loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty little thingsOctober 16, 2013 at 4:54 PM

    you need to see it! be prepared for an emotional ride! thanks for the comments! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty little thingsOctober 16, 2013 at 4:55 PM

    definitely start it! I obviously was late to the game and started it two weeks ago but I'm so glad I did -- its so addicting!! Thanks for the comments taren!

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty little thingsOctober 16, 2013 at 4:56 PM

    haha I won't kill you! I'm sure the show isn't for everyone but I highly recommend checking out. thanks Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty little thingsOctober 16, 2013 at 4:57 PM

    SO glad to know I'm not alone! I wish I had known about the show early enough to actually throw this party during the series finale! thanks for the comments AJ! And I agree - I think I might rewatch it from beginning to end like you! : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. i loved every episode of BB (except 1 was slow, but thats pretty good for 5 seasons worth). i had bad withdrawl as well but was a fan with how they tied all ends and the way it ended. if u search on buzzfeed, they have so many good breaking bad posts- including little things u may have missed during episodes (they made me go OMG!) so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your article and photos are awesome . Thank you so much .

    ReplyDelete

I love getting and reading all your comments and respond to most of them when I can. Love hearing from you all! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...