9.11.2013

9.11. Never Forget.

I'll never forget where I was that day. As a freshman in college on September 11, 2001 I was walking back to my dorm from my 8:00 philosophy class where I sat down on my bed and turned the TV on to see that one of the world trade towers were up in smoke. As I sat intently staring at the screen in disbelief, it wasn't long before I saw, live in real time, the second tower being hit by an airplane -- only later to watch both towers come crashing to the ground. I remember feeling terror, confusion, and disbelief of what I saw with my very own eyes. I also remember frantically thinking about if all my family is okay. My father at the time worked near the city so I worried for his immediate safety, as well as my mom and brother. I made phone calls and learned that everyone was alright -- but our nation was under attack, and what we were witnessing first hand were acts of terrorism.
 "The attacks of September 11th were intended to break our spirit. Instead we have emerged stronger and more unified. We feel renewed devotion to the principles of political, economic, and religious freedom, the rule of law and respect for human life. We are more determined than ever to live our lives in freedom." -Rudolph Giuliani, former mayor of NYC
This is a pic of me last summer in front of the new Freedom Towers being built in place of the World Trade Towers. 
The skyline and parts of our hearts and sense of security will never be the same, 
but it's certainly the New, New York. And I love it just the same ; )
As we remember this solemn day I wanted to leave you a quote from Deepak Chopra:

"For me and my family personally, September 11 was a reminder that life is fleeting, impermanent, and uncertain. Therefore, we must make use of every moment and nurture it with affection, tenderness, beauty, creativity, and laughter." -Deepak Chopra


Live for the precious, present moment. Because tomorrow is uncertain.
9.11.01 we will never forget <3

xo Steph

5 comments:

  1. It was a terrible situation for you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post!! I love how you can switch gears when appropriate and touch on something that resonates with most of us. I, like most people, remember exactly where we were that day. Thanks for the inspiration!! #911


    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks baby - I try to write from the heart whenever possible. It's days like this that make writing about style and fashion seem so insignificant ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. This photo looks more nice thats are captured infront of sea beach .

    ReplyDelete

I love getting and reading all your comments and respond to most of them when I can. Love hearing from you all! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...