Being down the shore this past week has inspired me. The fresh air with hints of salt and ocean breezes evoke relaxation that is quintessential summer. And as much as I love fall, I just don't want summer to end because it symbolizes such a simple and relaxed way of living life. And the fresh seafood? Forget about it! There is nothing like eating some fresh seafood with a nice cold drink al fresco on your back deck that could possibly be more relaxing and peaceful. Unless you are listening to sounds of the ocean in the background, then yes, that is the ultimate. So being inspired by my shore house vacation, I thought throwing an end of the summer lobster bake would be the perfect way to milk the last drops of summer before we retire our flip flips and start wearing our boots. Here are my inspirations for throwing the perfect end of summer party.
1. rustic decor is a must
2. lobster tails cooked to perfection in this adorable pot
3. no muss no fuss. newspaper table clothes are where it's at
and these napkins are almost too cute to use!
4. best sides and accouterments? clams, baked red potatoes and fresh corn (Jersey corn is the best!)
5. buckets of Coronas and lime slices. And this bottle opener
6. Red Lobster inspired cheddar garlic biscuits are the bomb!
7. use an old rustic boat as a cooler for drinks
8. lobster claw salt and pepper shakers
9. crustacean dish ware. with matching quilted throw
10. chalkboard art inspired from "Friends"
11. white sangria is best with seafood
12. leftover lobster? lobster rolls of course!
13. fresh raspberry sorbet as dessert to cleanse the palette and keep it light
14. An actual lobster roll I ate on vacation that serves as the inspiration for this party.
And what to wear? Well you know I love a good theme party with no detail left undone. This lobster sweater is adorable (and cheap!), this Tory Burch Lobster scarf is pretty much amazing, and this ocean inspired Alex and Ani bracelet to add to my collection.
So that my friends, is the perfect end of summer lobster bake/celebration.
How are you enjoying the last drops of summer? Or are you already full on fall mode?