9.03.2013

End of Summer Lobsterbake

Being down the shore this past week has inspired me. The fresh air with hints of salt and ocean breezes evoke relaxation that is quintessential summer. And as much as I love fall, I just don't want summer to end because it symbolizes such a simple and relaxed way of living life. And the fresh seafood? Forget about it! There is nothing like eating some fresh seafood with a nice cold drink al fresco on your back deck that could possibly be more relaxing and peaceful. Unless you are listening to sounds of the ocean in the background, then yes, that is the ultimate. So being inspired by my shore house vacation, I thought throwing an end of the summer lobster bake would be the perfect way to milk the last drops of summer before we retire our flip flips and start wearing our boots. Here are my inspirations for throwing the perfect end of summer party. 
All original sources can be found on my pinterest page under lobsterfest.
1.  rustic decor is a must
2. lobster tails cooked to perfection in this adorable pot 
3. no muss no fuss. newspaper table clothes are where it's at
and these napkins are almost too cute to use!
Plus don't forget all lobster eating tool essentials like this, this, and this.
4. best sides and accouterments? clams, baked red potatoes and fresh corn (Jersey corn is the best!)
5. buckets of Coronas and lime slices. And this bottle opener 
6. Red Lobster inspired cheddar garlic biscuits are the bomb!
7. use an old rustic boat as a cooler for drinks
8. lobster claw salt and pepper shakers
9. crustacean dish ware. with matching quilted throw
10. chalkboard art inspired from "Friends"
11. white sangria is best with seafood
12. leftover lobster? lobster rolls of course!
13. fresh raspberry sorbet as dessert to cleanse the palette and keep it light
 14. An actual lobster roll I ate on vacation that serves as the inspiration for this party.
And what to wear? Well you know I love a good theme party with no detail left undone. This lobster sweater is adorable (and cheap!), this Tory Burch Lobster scarf is pretty much amazing, and this ocean inspired Alex and Ani bracelet to add to my collection.

So that my friends, is the perfect end of summer lobster bake/celebration.
How are you enjoying the last drops of summer? Or are you already full on fall mode?

xo Steph

16 comments:

  1. How fun is this! Great pics and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm probably one of the few people that live by the beach that doesn't actually eat lobster, haha! I'm soaking up all the summer I can. :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    So Kate Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha lobster on your body and lobster and your body!

    Ali of

    Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg yum! This looks incredible, I need to go to Red Lobster soon.

    -Vogue&Heels

    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this idea for a party...so well thought out, down to the adorable sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this whole summer was all about finding the best lobster roll. This one looks amazing.

    Kisses,

    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. hannah @ The Braided BanditSeptember 3, 2013 at 1:23 PM

    This seriously sounds like such a fun idea! I grew up on the Jersey shore and this makes me miss summer there a ton! Have a great day!
    xo Hannah

    thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great idea!!
    i love the old boat as a cooler, so cool!
    xoxo, jillian
    http://just-jillian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm headed to AC this Friday which I guess will pretty much be the last of my summer fun..unfortunately!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG all of this looks delicious!! Lobster is my absolute favorite, now I have a craving lol!

    xo,
    Sincerely Miss Ash

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lobster bakes are my fave - that all looks so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would LOVE to go to a lobster bake! This just made my mouth water....yummmm!!!


    -AJ
    FitTravelerAJ.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so yummy!


    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shrimp fry is my favorite . These this post .

    ReplyDelete

I love getting and reading all your comments and respond to most of them when I can. Love hearing from you all! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...