8.10.2012

Throw a Shark Week Party!

People are just crazy for Shark Week. I mean CRAZY! And don't get me wrong, sharks are fascinating creatures and scare the bejesus out of me ever since I saw Jaws as a young kid but wow, Shark Week has its faithful followers. So this year, The Discovery Channel's Annual Shark Week 2012 begins on August 12th and thought to myself how fun it would be to put together details for a fun shark week party. And you all know I love any excuse to celebrate and plan a party for ANYTHING, so this is right up my ally! Check out my ideas: 
All of these fab images were found on my Pinterest.
 Cute beachy themed table include a cupcake tower and salt water taffy.
 Cute cardboard shark cut outs I found on Etsy
Adorable cards -- could be used as invitations too!
Fancier table setting. How fun is that shark and shrimp bowl centerpiece??
Fruit salad or jello shots anyone?
Beach ball cake pops - genius!
"Sand dollar" cookies -- aka snickerdoodles -- my fav!!
More beachy cupcakes. Love the "sandy" beach with the umbrella!
Cute shark fin votive candles to set the mood.
And of course we can't forget a fun and cute outfit for the hostess with the mostess.
And I love shark week tee and ocean inspired sparkly nail polish!
And this little nugget was too cute not to share!!


Anyone else crazy about shark week? (or crazy about throwing themed parties like me??)

Happy Shark Week all!

-Pretty Little Things

26 comments:

  1. My son LOVES sharks... These are great if we ever throw him a shark-themed party! Thanks for putting these all together in one place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am one of those CRAZIES!! I absolutely LOVE shark week!! I am a nerd like that.

    Oliviamoone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited about Shark Week! That's an awesome idea to throw a Shark Week party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby and I LOVE shark week! SO excited! LOL

    xoxo ♥ Shar
    http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shark week is the best! I just might need to throw a party now and use some of these cute ideas, I love the watermelon!

    kaescornerdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love shark week and love all of these things!

    Amy

    Leopard and Lillies

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also love shark week! Can't wait until Sunday <3
    The card with the bite taken out of it is so great!

    recreateandrepin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha, this is a cute post and that little shark outfit? I die!

    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com//

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, love these! My husband LOVES shark week.

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey, just found your blog. you're doing great girl1 keep go on:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The shark watermelon is great! What a creative idea!

    http://livefreeandfashionable.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cool! Who knew people were that dedicated to shark week? The watermelon is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shark week is MY FAVORITE...seriously, I'm way too obsessed. These are such cute ideas!

    -Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't even know about shark week, but it looks like a lot of fun just looking at your party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for Shark Week! I'm so excited. These ideas are great, I especially love the invitations with the bite taken out of them; that's really creative!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness. I love this! So much inspiration, and so creative!
    It would mean the world to me if you could check out my latest posts!
    XOXO
    Morgan
    http://thesocialboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness!! How adorable! I love shark week :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE themed parties so this is right up my alley. What great compilation of photos. And OH-M-GEEEEE that little baby in the shark outfit, is toooo cute I want to squeeze him. :)
    x ~Yesenia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds interesting! Cute photos too! =)

    Loving SHARK WEEK too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! People really do get into shark week that's so awesome!! Haha love the nugget shark he's just too cute to handle! Hope you'll check out our blog and if you want to follow each other let us know! :)

    xo
    Kathryn & Rita

    ReplyDelete
  21. omg those beach ball cake pops are the cutest things ever :-D

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've never heard of Shark Week (for obvious reasons, I don't think we have it in the UK!) and I'm petrified of sharks, no matter how cute you make them, but I love love love those sand dollar cookies! Perhaps I need to throw a mermaid/sea party?!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG...this is AMAZING! You don't understand how obsessed my husband and son are for shark week, it's on the tv right now as I write this! We named our son Reef because of how obsessed my husband is for all marine life..I am so mad I didn't see this earlier but definitely pinning these ideas..AWESOME!
    My son has a shark backpack, he's being a shark for Halloween ..the list goes no and on!
    Sheree x
    www.itsnotthatdeep.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks dear for these details on this birthday party. For me birthday is the most special day and I always celebrate it hugely with all my loved ones. This year I have reserved a popular beach party Venues in NYC for my birthday.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting and reading all your comments and respond to most of them when I can. Love hearing from you all! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...