1.02.2014

New Years Resolutions & Fresh Starts

Did you all have a nice New Year? For me and D this year it was a quiet night at home in hopes to 1. save some money and 2. just be together minus all the new years hooplah (which don't get me wrong, hooplah can be fun!) We made a nice dinner, shared some cold beverages, ate too many peanut butter chocolate chip cookies after I baked (yeah, they were cut and bake -- but I baked no less!) and binge watched The Walking Dead on Netflix. And let me tell you, I'm not one who is into all the zombie apocalypse stuff but this show is pretty cool. Each episode leaves me wanting more -- very similar to the high I experienced watching Breaking Bad. So now that we're hooked, that's all we've been doing in 2014. Don't judge! Anyway, this also explains my lack of blogging over the past few days but forgive me -- there are zombies and walkers to kills! 
Original source can be found via my Pinterest page
Some people think resolutions are silly. Like how everyone packs the gyms in January only for them to be empty again in February. But I don't think they are stupid. Change can happen if you really want it. And sometimes people (and by people I mean me) need that symbolic change of the calendar year to give them the kick in the butt they need to make those changes.
A fresh start.
2013 had its ups and downs for me, but I am hopeful that 2014 will bring some good things my way. Not because I deserve it and the world owes me anything and not because of luck, but because I am going to create the changes to make them happen.
Do you all make resolutions every year or do you think they are silly?

So let's all promise to make 2014 our year ; )

xo Steph

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year girlie. I totally agree. The gym is always packed for the first couple of weeks and then BAM!!! empty again. So annoying

    xo Mel
    turquoise blonde

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree that sometimes you need the change of a calendar for motivation! Hope your resolutions go well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Walking Dead!! I have not watched Breaking Bad yet...need to give it a try. Have a great New Year!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only we had another holiday coming up. Between my new breaking bad obsession and your new walking dead obsession we could have endless conversations about some amazing TV!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on all your resolutions, I do agree 2014 is going to be fab!

    xoxo, KP
    Eleventh & Sixteenth

    ReplyDelete
  6. New Years Eve was pretty quiet for me too, after the ball dropped I went home and went to sleep. I've made some resolutions this year hopefully I can commit and stick with them.. good luck with yours too!

    P.S. I haven't watched Walking Dead or Breaking Bad but everyone says so much good stuff about them, I may need to keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great happy new year creation . Welcome happy new year .

    ReplyDelete

I love getting and reading all your comments and respond to most of them when I can. Love hearing from you all! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...