7.23.2014

Love Lately: Summer Edition

The thing I love about summer most (other than my birthday) is that things just move a little slower. Everything is approached with an easy breezy laid back approach. I guess I could say the same thing for me and blogging lately….I must be in summer mode! Anyway, I wanted to share some of my current favorite summer things that help me enjoy this blissful and worry free season.
1. Detox Spa Water. This is my favorite go-to drink for the summer, and I drink it alllll dayyyyy loooong. It's simply water infused with lemons, cucumbers and fresh mint leaves…..but the result is so incredibly refreshing and hydrating, you can't help but guzzling it down by the gallon all day. To make it even easier (for those who hate drinking water) make a huge pitcher for the whole day and leave it on your kitchen counter or somewhere else you pass by frequently. Make sure you keep filling up every time you pass by. For me, using straws always makes me drink more too. So find a fun adult sippy cup and get to hydrating and feeling like you're at the day spa :)
2. Summer brights. I am obsessed with this bright coral/turquoise scarf I picked up on clearance at Old Navy. It looks so cute with my black maxi dress here, or even a crisp white tank or tee, jean shorts and flip flops. I also love when my mani inadvertently matches my outfit. It's the little things people.
3. Nail Polish Rotation. Being newly engaged, I have been loving getting fresh manicures even more. People are always asking to see your ring, so you can't have your nails and cuticles looking like a hot mess. Plus it's fun for me to see which colors look best with my ring (hmmm, pretty much all the colors) but these are my current favorites in rotation. All of which look pretty with a tan. 
Deborah Lippman Break 4 Love // Essie Fiji // Essie Go Ginza // Deborah Lippman Tip Toe Through the Tulips
 4. New Planners and Organizers. I have always been a nerd when it comes to getting new school supplies, and especially getting my new planner every year. I am a planner at heart. D usually tells me I plan to much (ex. already getting excited about fall) and that I need to live more in the moment. He may be right, but old habits die hard. I am very particular about planners (it has to have the perfect layout and function just-so for me) so often times I can't find what I want. I finally splurged on the  Day Designer, which does just that, designs your day. It was created for creative entrepreneurs in mind. I mean look at the black and white stripes? So me! In particular, there is a full page each day for you to map out your day and maximize your productivity. I got the August edition since I'm a school counselor and always function on the academic calendar and I am OBSESSED. Once I start using it I will definitely be doing a full tutorial. Also, got a pretty yet functional pink rubber case for my iPad mini. The OCD person in me even organized all my apps on different pages including personal, blogging, school counselor, and wedding planning. I feel so organized and alive my friends!
 5. Summer Gear. I can't wait to use this adorable crocheted top from F21 for my next beach trip. Paired with little denim shorts and it's just too cute. Along with the outfit includes my bronzer and bronzing shimmer from Victoria's Secret, Frederic Fekkai's summer hair, and Eternity Summer perfume (last years edition). Still haven't gotten around to smelling this years bottle. 
 6. Summer scents. I love doing one big summer scent haul at Bath & Body works to get my apartment smelling like my own personal beach paradise. My newest favorite is this Peach Cilantro Twist scented candle. Not only does this smell fresh and amazing (cilantro fan here!) but the pretty packaging, font and colors will always win me over. 
 7. Summer flip flops. I usually treat myself to a new pair of flip flops every summer, not so much because I want to, but because last years are so beaten up and worn out I have to. My pick this year were these gold Tory Burch studded one and I adore them because they pretty much go with anything. They are neutral yet have some shimmer to keep them interesting. 
8. Mojitos! Did you know last week there was National Mojito Day? Yeah, me neither until I was at happy hour in the city and drank 3 of these bad boys. I'm also a weirdo who doesn't like rum, so I always ask to have my mojitos made with vodka. Don't judge, it's just my thing. I also got a watermelon flavored one…..and I'm pretty sure this is my official summer drink :)

Well that's all I've got for now. I can't believe my birthday is only 2 weeks away and I haven't planned anything yet….I'm totally off my game this year! Maybe we'll just be playing things low key since we're currently trying to save our money for some bigger expenses coming up!
So what are the summery things you're loving lately?

xo Steph





4 comments:

  1. ahhh I'm super picky with planners too! In college I had one by mead that will never be beat. It was perfectly designed to fit with my life style and I used it religiously. I bought it two years in a row... and then they stopped making it!! I still keep an eye out every summer just in case my luck should change. The day organizers always look great! I'm excited to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is how I drink my water too, I call it vitamin water, you can add blueberrys in it too, soo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute flip flops!

    http://misspippisstyle.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much thanks for shared . I appreciate your post .

    ReplyDelete

I love getting and reading all your comments and respond to most of them when I can. Love hearing from you all! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...