4.13.2012

Thinking about ink.....

Sorry for going MIA on everyone -- sometimes life throws your a curve ball and leaves you feeling dizzy. I was just telling a friend yesterday that life is funny. Just when you think you have everything figured out, you realize you know nothing. With that being said you pick yourself up, try to trust in yourself and keep moving forward. So one thing I said I would NEVER do was get a tattoo. I didn't believe in permanently changing the body, and I always felt like there would be nothing I liked or loved enough where I would want to see it on me every day for the rest of my life. I mean come on, my style is constantly changing -- that would be like committing to one outfit for the rest of my life -- CRAZY!

But then life throws you curve balls and you start rethinking everything you thought you knew. And now all of a sudden I'm thinking about getting inked. Nothing crazy, I'm thinking something small, feminine and meaningful. I have a few ideas below and would love to hear what you think!
 One of my first ideas - "this too shall pass" written in small, pretty cursive on my foot. I want the placement to be somewhere demure where you can't really see it unless you want to show it off.
 My second option is "let it be" after one of my favorite Beatles songs. I like the foot placement here, but would like it smaller.
 Another "let it be" -- but this one has a more creative and hidden placement. What are your thoughts on this one?
 I like the cursive on this one. Without the butterflies though....
And this one is just an example of using white ink which I think is pretty cool because it gives that "barely there" look. Plus on my naturally tan skin it could look pretty different.

So what are everyone's thoughts on tattoo? Should I go for it or not? And which idea do you like better? "This too shall pass" or "let it be" -- where should the placement be? -- and should it be in black or white ink??

Would love to hear all of your opinions!! Choosing this is such a hard decision!

-Pretty Little Things

8 comments:

  1. i've always liked tattoos on the wrist and foot - I like the one on the neck though, that's different! Perhaps even doing a tattoo behind your ear, I've always thought those were cool because they just peak out of enough to spark interest

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been too chicken to get one, but these ideas you have are so pretty. I really love the picture of the tattoo in the bra strap area and on the foot ... they're both feminine and discrete. I'd be worried about anything on the arms or in more visible areas, because you never know when you might end up working for an organization that doesn't allow visible tattoos, but I don't think you can go wrong aesthetically with any of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your like me, I never would of want to get a tattoo, but I have gave it some thought! I really liked "Let it be" that has the butterfly. The font looks great and I liked how it ended with three dots which makes it unique in it's own way. It makes think more on the meaning of it. I think behind the neck would be great since it won't show unless you want people too (saying that If you got long hair), but the wrist placement would be nice. If you do decide post them, I would love to see how it looks.

    XO Jojo

    www.jojosecretfashiondiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a big fan of "This too shall pass" because (in my opinion) it's a bit negative. The saying "let it be" has a lighter and brighter ring to it. Additionally, it you want it to be a bit more discrete, let it be will be easier to hide bc it's shorter. All in all, it's completely YOUR decision since you're going to be living with it for the rest of your life. :) Good luck with the decision making!!

    p.s. It took me about 5 years before I finally took the plunge to get one. I always knew what I wanted (a red lotus flower) but was too scared to actually do it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! I just awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award. Please check it out on my blog.

    www.jojosecretfashiondiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like "this too shall Pass " always have, always will. But let it be is alright too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. But then life throws you curve balls and you start rethinking everything you thought you knew. And now all of a sudden I'm thinking about getting inked. Nothing crazy, I'm thinking something small, feminine and meaningful. I have a few ideas below and would love to hear what you think!
    t shirt wholesale usa
    low cost t shirts wholesale

    ReplyDelete

I love getting and reading all your comments and respond to most of them when I can. Love hearing from you all! xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...